The Times seeks nominations for Business and Industry Hall of Fame
The Times Media Co. is calling for nominations to its Business and Industry Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame is annual induction program to honor those individuals who have made a substantial contribution to business and industry across the region. BusINess magazine and The Times sponsor the Hall of Fame.
“This is a distinct honor bestowed on those who have made a lasting contribution by their leadership and deeds to Northwest Indiana,” said William Nangle, executive editor of The Times. “Nominations can cite anyone from a successful mom-and-pop operation to the CEO of a major company. It is recognition of their contribution in some form to their profession and community.”
The 2010 class of inductees were David Bochnowski, chairman and CEO of Munster-based Peoples Bank; James W. Dye, president of JWD Management Inc. and president of the James W. and Betty Dye Foundation, both of Munster; Stewart McMillan, president and CEO of Task Force Tips in Valparaiso; Joseph Morrow, retired attorney and bank executive; and Gus Olympidis, president and CEO of Valparaiso-based Family Express Corp.
All nominations must include the nominee’s name, business and a brief career summary. In addition, nominations should describe how the nominee meets one or more of the following criteria:
• Demonstrated leadership and/or success in their field of interest or occupation
• Contributed to their field of interest, occupation or community through innovation
• Shown a personal commitment to community service
• Served as a mentor in business or community activities
• Shared their personal or corporate wealth supporting philanthropic causes
• Supported environmental stewardship
• Supported educational programs and/or institutions
• Demonstrated they are visionary in their outlook about Northwest Indiana
Nominations will be accepted until January 7. The class of 2011 will be announced February 28 in The Times and on nwi.com.
Nominations can be made online at nwi.com/halloffame or by mail to Chris Loretto, The Times, 601 W. 45th Ave., Munster, IN 46321.