- On January 12, a massive 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck the Caribbean nation of Haiti.
- The extent of the devastation, which centered mostly within Port-au-Prince, is still unclear. It’s estimated that thousands of people may have died in what is being reported as Haiti's worst earthquake in two centuries.
- To support emergency relief efforts to Haiti, the ArcelorMittal Global Foundation is donating $100,000 in US dollars through our emergency aid fund. Monies will be provided to the “Doctors without Borders (MSF) organization which is already working on relief efforts in Haiti.
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) teams are reporting significant damage to their Haiti medical facilities, injuries to patients and staff, and the need to treat hundreds of incoming wounded patients.
- ArcelorMittal’s collaborative effort with “Doctors Without Borders” will extend for a two-month timeframe, further ensuring support for both emergency relief and recovery efforts.
POSTED - 01/15/2010 14:48
There are no comments
: include(/httpd/www/n/w/nwitimes.com/html/app/inc/omniture.php) [function.include
]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in footer-old.php
on line 87
: include() [function.include
]: Failed opening '/httpd/www/n/w/nwitimes.com/html/app/inc/omniture.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/php') in footer-old.php
on line 87