So, I’m not big on making New Year’s resolutions anymore — mainly because I can never keep them, and also they are just too much pressure. But, I do have some ideas in my head that I hope can happen in the coming year, and I definitely have dreams for 2012. I just don’t want to say them outloud.
In my heart I feel like the end of the year is also a great moment for an attitude adjustment for me as a mom. Just keeping it real… here are 5 ways I will be a better mom in 2012:
1. I will use a softer voice and bring back whisper Mondays
2. I’ll read to the kids more, and with feeling!
3. I’ll be sure the kids (and I) play games around the table, together
4. I’ll help them keep their rooms tidy (and this means me, too. I need to set a better example)
5. We will go on more adventures, even if for just 1 hour a weekend
Do you have any goals as a parent for 2012? Oh, and Happy New Year!
Photo Credit: Suni Danielle Photography