Y’all, it’s getting hot here. Like, Alabama hot. And let’s not forget the humidity. I’m trying to remember to cherish the heat, as the oh-so-cold days of winter are coming, but really – it’s just plain hot.
I’ve dragged the slip-n-slide out a few times, but since my dog thinks it’s some type of waterbed, the kids have all but given up on it. Thankfully, I found a low-stress solution that doesn’t involve a soggy piece of plastic to drag in and out - the Oasis Splash Park in Michigan City.
It has several things going for it to put my neurotic tendencies at ease:
- It’s fully enclosed
- There is no water over 1/2 inch deep (I’m guessing here) – so it’s safe!!
- Did I mention it’s fully enclosed?
- There are plenty of sprinkler activities for the kids to run around in
- I can keep a good eye on them under the pavilion (Hello Shade!)
- It’s next door to the zoo and the beach
- It’s cheap!
It’s located in Washington Park at the back of the parking lot adjacent to the zoo. With the beach on one side, and the zoo on the other, you can make a nice day of it there if you like. So get out, enjoy summer while it’s here – and cool off!
Hours: 10 am to noon / 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm / 3 pm to 5 pm
Cost: $4 for Indiana residents, $2 for Michigan City residents & $6 for out-of-state residents
For more information, visit the Michigan City Oasis Splash Park Website